- C'mon, throw in a buck!
- Uh-uh, I don't tip.
- You don't tip?
- Nah, I don't believe in it.
- You don't believe in tipping?
- You know what these chicks make? They make shit.
- Don't give me that. She don't make enough money that she can quit.
- Let me get this straight: you don't ever tip?
- I don't tip because society says I have to. All right, if someone deserves a tip, if they really put forth an effort, I'll give them something a little something extra. But this tipping automatically, it's for the birds. As far as I'm concerned, they're just doing their job.
- Hey, our girl was nice.
- She was okay. She wasn't anything special. Look, I ordered coffee. Now we've been here a long fucking time and she's only filled my cup three times. When I order coffee, I want it filled *six* times.
- Six times. Well, what if she's too fucking busy?
- The words "too fucking busy" shouldn't be in a waitress's vocabulary.
- Excuse me, Mr. Pink, but I think the last fucking thing you need is another cup of coffee.
[Joe counts the tip and finds it is a buck short]
- Hey, who didn't throw in?
- Mr. Pink.
- Mr. Pink? Why not?
- He don't tip.
- He don't tip? Whaddaya mean you don't tip?
- He don't believe in it.
- Shut up!
[Mr. Pink throws his tip on the table]
- All right, but normally I would never do this.
- Never mind what you *normally* would do.
Вот и я тоже, как и Мистер Розовый из "Бешеных псов", обычно чаевые не даю. А даю тогда, когда мне действительно понравился сервис. И меня бесит, когда где-то считают, что уже одним фактом своего прихода я уже должен им чаевые. Но это было в Европе.
( Collapse )